-Take Personal Action
There are many things you can do as an individual to fight Climate Change. Here are some resources to get you started.
When you are ready for more, contact us and we’d love to have you volunteer to take on tasks for Fraser Valley Climate Action
Let us know about the actions you are inspired to take! We’d love to hear.
Is your money working for or against Climate Change?
Learn how you, your investments and your bank can DIVEST from fossil fuel investment to fight climate change.
Download this app for Android or iPhone. It is beautiful and easy to use. EarthHero helps you respond to climate change by discovering personalized, positive actions you can take. That includes personal actions to reduce your carbon pollution and ways to help others change their polluting ways.
Fraser Valley Climate Action – Recommended Personal actions
We’ve compiled a list of personal actions that anyone can take to help fight climate change. With a focus on not using fossil fuels or using them less these are practical achievable actions.
The UN’s “Act Now” Campaign
ActNow is the United Nations campaign for individual action on climate change and sustainability.
Every one of us can help limit global warming and take care of our planet. By making choices that have less harmful effects on the environment, we can be part of the solution and influence change.
Spread The word
You are learning about climate change and the personal actions that are possible. Tell someone what you are learning, tell someone about the action you are taking and why you took it. Encourage them to do the same.
Watch a video Intro about Climate Change
Watch a short video series from Project Drawdown. the environment, we can be part of the solution and influence change.
Take a course about climate change
A free 8-week course offered through EDX on climate change, join 10,000s of people taking this course and becoming educated about climate change, the science and the global impact. Featuring Michael Mann as presenter.
Explore Electric Vehicles with Emotive
Electric Vehicles are Affordable, Easy and for Everyone. Emotive shares the Electric Vehicle Experience through stories, information, and EV FAQs.
Contact a FRee Energy Coach
Use free resources from the community energy coach program to learn about upgrades and rebates for home appliances that help fight climate change. Email an Energy Coach
Subscribe to an Environmental Podcast
Listen, & Subscribe to these great podcasts to be informed;
- How to Save a Planet – Asks the big questions: what do we need to do to solve the climate crisis, and how do we get it done? A focus on story-telling to share ideas and examples.
- Drilled – A true-crime-styled podcast about climate change. It traces the corporate-funded creation and spread of climate denial and explores the history of fossil fuel-funded influence campaigns.
- The Energy Gang – A weekly digest on energy cleantech and the environment from a business perspective.
- Podship Earth – Delves into the adventures of life on Earth and how to connect with ourselves, nature and the universe. Offers an inspiring look at how to make a difference.
- Living on Earth – A go-to source for the latest news on climate change, ecology and human health.
- Global Weirding – Katharine Hayhoe is a respected climate scientist and gifted communicator who has a talent for making complex subjects understandable.
- What on Earth – CBC’s podcast explores questions, ideas and emotions about climate change. Host Laura Lynch explores your experiences, grapples with the challenges and examines the potential solutions.
Use every meal to fight climate change
Reducing your food waste and eating a plant-based diet reduces both the land area required to produce food as well as reducing the greenhouse gasses emitted to produce the food we need.
Fight climate change with your fork and learn about “going vegan” with this handy starter kit from PETA.